Ticks are parasitic bloodsuckers that infest both humans and animals. These parasites feed themselves once they’ve bonded to a host. Once a tick feeds itself, it could spread many illnesses, including Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, Q fever, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Various types of ticks came from different woody and grassy lands, and if you’re wondering why your house got some ticks, then the answer may be:
- A rodent with ticks got into your horse.
- A deer who recently visited your house (especially if your home is near woody lands)
- If your pet got have ticks
Your top priority is to remove ticks in your house. There are plenty of ways to remove them without calling for help from pest control. Here are some ways that could be a help to you.
Removal of Ticks Inside Your Home
There are various ways how to remove ticks in your household. These bloodsucking pests could stress you; you must take action to exterminate them. Here are five easy ways to eliminate ticks:
- Spray insecticide on your home. Remember always to read the labels before you spray it in every corner of your house to ensure your safety.
- Your home’s surfaces, including the carpets, furniture, door and window frames, and any other crevices where ticks might have gotten out, should all be vacuumed.
- Wash all your sheets thoroughly, including your pet’s bedding, so that all possible ticks from your couch, bed, chairs and other things in your house remain clean.
- You can also use home remedies to rid the ticks in your house. These are:
- Cedar Oil Spray – Natural, non-toxic cedar oil works as a tick repellent.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Regularly spraying your dog or cat with an apple cider vinegar solution will help prevent fleas and ticks from taking over because the acidic flavor reprises them.
- Chamomile Infusion – Use a cloth soaked in the chamomile infusion to wet the dog after boiling water and chamomile. You could also use it regularly with your pets to remove tick infestation.
- Ensure to be safe while removing ticks manually. Use gloves and tweezers when removing ticks from your pets.
Reliable Traditional Methods to Get Rid of Ticks in Your Yard
These techniques were the most used and could instantly kill ticks if you want to: Below are the methods you might want to try in your house:
- Fogging – Since certain foggers are good against mosquitoes and flying insects, not all of them are designated to kill ticks. Also, choose those foggers registered by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to ensure the safety of your household. Ensure that the fogger you bought has the formula to kill ticks instantly, so you won’t waste money by purchasing the wrong foggers.
- Use Acaricides – These are pesticides used to kill ticks. Acaricides should be maximized during rainy seasons to stop the ticks from multiplying and kill as many as possible. Be sure to ask a professional to apply acaricides since it’s highly toxic.
- Permethrin Yard Spray – Choose a permethrin insecticide spray and ensure it is safe to use on the surfaces and plants in your yard by reading the label. Since many pesticides have varying dilution and application directions for use on various plants and pests, it is essential to read the product label carefully.
While doing these things, take safety guidelines to protect your health. If you’re doubting using these methods on your own, then be sure to call professional pests control as they know best.
Your pets are not the only factor that could contribute to tick infestation in your house. Raccoons, squirrels, and other rodents can cause your yard or home full of ticks. If you have a pet, check these truths and ways about tick removal, and you might find crucial information you can jot down in your notes.
Hygiene is one thing that you should consider when removing these pests in your house. Clean every part of your house, and you must wash all of the sheets once a week to maintain good hygiene. Remember that they live in shaded areas because they hate the sun. So, check every spot in your home that could be a habitat for these bloodsucking arachnids.
- Smith, Z. (2022, April 27). How to Get Rid of Ticks in Your Yard: A Complete Guide . Https://Smithspestmanagement.Com/. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://smithspestmanagement.com/blog/post/how-to-get-rid-of-ticks/
- Ticked off: how to tackle a tick infestation in the house. (2022, May 26). Https://Www.Cleanipedia.Com/. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.cleanipedia.com/ph/in-the-home/how-to-tackle-a-tick-infestation-in-the-house.html